Thursday, April 2, 2015

4 more things to stop doing in your twenties

I recently read the  thought provoking article on thought catalog 19 things to stop doing in your 20s. I expected a list of things that would tell me to stop being a child and grow the fuck up but instead I found a list of things that are basically all of my bad habits. It was a wake-up call for me. There are some things I just need to stop doing now that I am a “grown up”.
Here are 4 more things to stop doing in your 20s. Or should I say, 4 more things I should stop doing right now.
  1. Stop listening to your body.  This one might seem a little bit odd because these days everyone is trying to get back in touch with their bodies and minds. However, if your body tells you to just eat the entire bar of chocolate. Don’t Listen! Don’t let your taste buds decide what you eat on a day, you decide what you will!
  2. Stop sleeping all day. You only need about 8 hours of sleep a day, there is no need in wasting your time by staying in bed all day everyday.
  3. Stop bringing your all of your electronic devices to bed. If you really are only going to stay in bed for 8 hours each day you better not waste the precious time you could be sleeping by listening to music on your IPod while scrolling through your twitter feed until 2 A.M.
  4. Stop waiting! You are not getting younger and time is the most precious thing we have. I will quote one of my friends here -you can always earn the money back but once the time is gone it’s gone forever.
Kids, time to start being responsible, however don’t forget to have fun everyday. If you are not having fun, it’s not worth living!

Love, Wietske

No comments:

Post a Comment