Thursday, June 18, 2015

Feel #Gyeonggi: My Favorite Summer Activity

*edit* 2015-9-6  I have unfortunately been informed that Wolmi-Do is in fact nog in Gyeonggi. I am truely sorry for this mistake. However I still recommend you reading this article and going to Wolmi Island!

With only one more day of school, and 1 exam, left in this semester I have started making plans of what to do this summer. I want to explore many new places in Seoul and #Gyeonggi, however there is on thing on my to do list that I do almost every single summer when I am in Korea. And that is make yet another trip to Wolmi-Do.
 
Photo Credit: http://HappyDalki.blogspot.com
 
Wolmi-do is located roughly 1km off the coast of Incheon, right next to the sea which gives it a nice breeze, perfect for those hot summer days! And it is fairly easy to get to as well it is only 10 minutes by taxi or can take the subway and then get off at Incheon Station (Seoul Subway Line 1).When exiting the station, take local bus from either 2, 15, 23 or 45 bound to Wolmido and get off when Wolmido City Tour, Wolmi Culture Street, or Wolmi Final Bus Stops are announced. (source)

You might be wondering why I would 100% recommend you to go to Wolmi-do. First of all, it is the many great memories I have there. From celebrating my friends 30th birthday and eating aweful sweet potato cake (which my friend loved) too holding on for dear life in the disco ppang ppang while getting made fun of by the guy who runs it.
 
Secondly, I really enjoy the casual atmosphere. Because there is no entrance fee, you only need to pay for separate rides, there is no actually pressure to have fun. The low cost of hanging out at Wolmi-Do means there is also a great mix of people there.
 
There are parents with their little kids. Teens trying to off amongst their friends. Couples sharing cotton candy. Young adults, and older people watching their grand-childeren and living life vigorously trough them.  Honestly, one of my favorite things is to just sit down and watch these people living there life while enjoying the slight breeze.
 
Try running trough the fountains for a quick cooldown
 
However, if you are slightly more adventurous. There are many other ways to cool down - or work up a sweat - depending on what kind of person you are. My personal favorites are the viking or one of the two freefal rides. If you rather stay inside and not work on your tan, there are also a few arcades located on the premises.
 
If you are in Seoul this summer and are hot and bothered, I recommend you go check out Wolmi-DoGyoenggi's most underrated amusement park.
 
 
 
If you have been to Wolmi-Do before, let me know which ride you liked best! Or share your favorite summer activity.
 
Love, Wietske
 
p.s. Check out Gyeonngi's Facebook and Twitter.
 
p.p.s. I wrote this article as part of my application to become an #GGKoreasupporter; however I 100% mean everything I said in this article~

No comments:

Post a Comment