Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The rules of dating - My First Play in Korea

Do you speak at least an intermediate level of Korean and haven't been to one of the many plays in hyewa yet? Go and book your ticket for 연애의 목적 now!



When I descended the stairs and walked into the dim theatre I didn't know what to expect, I had never been to a play in Korea before and my friend who had the tickets gave me nothing but the title. However I was pleasantly surprised!

From beginning to end I was absolutely fascinated! If you have been to of the performances before you know this, but often before the show starts on of the actors ask the public some quick little questions and give away prizes such as coupons to go to nearby restaurants or tickets for other plays in the area.

After this there was some booming music and then the show started! It wasn't just a cheesy love story, it was a fast paced and hilarious romance. The entire play lasted for about 2 hours and there wasn't a second that I was bored, honestly I was rather disappointed when it was finished.
 

There was even a photo opportunity with the actors!
 
 
I would recommend this slapstick like dramaesque performance with plenty of eyecandy to everyone no matter what level your Korean is. Even though subtitles are not provided their actions do speak louder then words.

If you do want to be able to understand at least most of it. An intermediate level should be enough.

So, if you want to experience a performance in Seoul and don't want to be disappointed - check out The Rules of Dating. (& Follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
 
Love, Wietske
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment